New Le Creuset soup bowls. With lids! A gift from the wife for my birthday back in June. Had to try them out.
We decided on a fishy creation rather than standard soup and went for a tomatoey base rather than creamy. And (shock, gasp) this dish is actually quite healthy!
For the stew:
- 3 or 4 tilapia fillets (ideal for those who don’t like strong fishiness)
- 500 g’s of big fat uncooked prawns
- 6 to 8 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 red chilli
- the zest of one orange
- a couple of tablespoons of tomato paste
- a glass of white wine (obviously)
- 3/4 pint of fish stock
- a couple of cloves of chopped up garlic
- 1 onion diced
- herbs – eg sage, thyme, basil, parsley
For the toasts
- 1 ciabatta cut into slices
- olive oil
- garlic clove
First off prepare the toast – drizzle olive oil over the bread slices and cook on a griddle or under a grill:
Then rub a cut clove of garlic over the toast:
Put the toast aside and start on the stew.
First fry the onion, garlic and chilli in some olive oil
Then add the chopped tomatoes and continue cooking, adding the paste as you go:
Add the herbs and wine and simmer until most of the liquid has gone:
Now add the stock and the orange peel and continue to simmer:
Add the fish and prawns and cook for 10 minutes:
Finally add some chopped parsley and it’s ready to serve!
Those bowls are the business – and of course its more or less essential that this baby is served with a nice glass of ice cold white wine!